Are you a recognized leader who knows how to manage a team and is familiar with claims adjustment? Read on! We’re looking for a Director of Claims to join our team. Under the supervision of the VP Operations & Compliance, the ideal candidate will be responsible for the claims department and will help our customers in the claims process with our various insurers.
Welcome to Fort!
Fort Insurance & Group Benefits is one of the largest independent general insurance brokers in Quebec. Join a team of professionals who are passionate about insurance, and who put collaboration first. A work environment where rigor is as important as fun, it’s right here!
Location and type of job
- Office locations: either Westmount or Montreal
- Permanent full-time position (35 hours) daytime, Monday to Friday
The experience we’re looking for:
- You have a valid AMF license as a claims adjuster;
- You have a minimum of 5 years’ experience as a claims adjuster;
- You are passionate about customer service;
- You have a good knowledge of personal and commercial insurance coverages and products;
- You have good computer skills (Office Suite. An asset: TAM and/or Power Broker);
- You are fluent in French and English, both written and spoken, as we work with international partners (customers, suppliers, etc.).
You’re our ideal enthusiast if:
- You have good interpersonal and business skills;
- You have a strong sense of leadership;
- You have a facility for learning new software (TAM/Power broker);
- You have excellent listening and communication skills. You’ve also mastered the art of negotiation!;
- You’re motivated to provide outstanding customer service and build strong relationships with clients;
- You have a keen sense of judgment and know how to prioritize your responsibilities;
- You are accountable and reliable in the execution, speed and quality of your work;
- You are flexible, adaptable, and have good problem-solving skills;
- You like to collaborate and work as part of a team.
A glimpse of your daily life:
The Director of Claims manages a team responsible for claims in both personal lines and commercial lines. The Claims Department offers personalized support to assist customers during the claims process.
- Establish and ensure compliance with policies and procedures by all team members and keep them informed of changes if applicable;
- Conduct weekly follow-up meetings with each member of their team in order to accompany them and offer them the support necessary to achieve their objectives;
- Train and supervise team members to promote the development of their technical skills and allow them to stay up to date;
- Establish the required training needs;
- Prepare performance evaluations and present them to the employee when the time comes;
- Manage internal and external complaints in collaboration with management; listen, review in detail and advise/submit a decision;
- Ensure that the cohesion of the group is maintained through listening and remain flexible to the necessary adjustments to optimize the performance of the team as a whole;
- Attend networking events with industry, insurers and other suppliers in order to develop and maintain relationships with them.
The advantages of working at Fort:
- A competitive group Insurance program (dental, glasses, etc.)
- A continuing training and development program;
- An accessible team of managers;
- A work-life balance program (teleworking or flexible schedule possible, enhanced leave for personal reasons);
- An employee recognition program (various bonuses and commissions, awards of the year, etc.);
- A health and wellness program;
- A retirement savings plan;
- A discount on insurance;
- A modern and dynamic work environment;
- Access to a wide range of insurers;
- Social and Professional activities.
Varies depending on candidate’s qualifications and experience.
In short: bring your passion, we’ll take care of the rest. We’re committed to doing everything we can to help you thrive in your daily life. What’s next? Send your application to email@example.com . Only those selected will be contacted.